Why All Oppressed Minorities Should Reject Christianity

Harry McCall's post, Why Women Should Especially Reject Christianity, now has the second highest hit count of any post at DC. I agree. They should. There are other minorities the same thing could be said of them. African Americans should reject Christianity given their history as slaves in Christian America. The same thing goes for Native Americans who were conquered by American Christians (ala Manifest Destiny), as well as Mexican and Hispanic Christians who are largely Catholics because of the Spanish Conquistadors who killed, raped and plundered their ancestors. There are gay (or "gay friendly") Christian churches like The Metropolitan Community Church of San Francisco. All oppressed minorities should reject Christianity, even the liberal or radical ones, given what "true" Christians have done to them. I know I would if I were them. It's almost absurd to me that they embrace the faith of their oppressors.

0 comments: